• Ideas for you_Build innovative environment in classroom with ICT

@Ana_moderator
    hi, I am loges. I am teaching for primary students age 7-12 years old. I would like to share my ideas that I implement during the covid-19 pandemic time. I create a new norm classroom lesson time table for my students. Event though they are n ot enter to school, still i could conduct the lessons as usual without face to face.

Here i attach a link for you all.

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1bwx9k4YCnyY5k5pswQsAaildUhSc6Pp6nGMPz0KdFog/edit?usp=sharing

you can click the subject that going to learn. Example : click Maths. The maths lesson with full activity will appear step by step. Pupils can follow the steps and learn their own self.

You can try my idea.

• @MYLOG47799627c6 said in Ideas for you_Build innovative environment in classroom with ICT:

loges

Dear Loges, Thank you for the materials and your contribution.
    I am sure our colleagues will greatly appreciate it!

• @Ana_moderator
    Thank you Ana. It's a small contribution for education field.

• Hello Mylog477
    really a superb presentation on what concerns our subject
    Best regards from Tunisia
    Chokri

"Empowering students through engaging education, fostering environmental consciousness, and advancing scientific literacy. Committed to shaping future leaders in Life and Earth Sciences."

• @MYLOG47799627c6
    Hi,
    The website you created is the interactive and user friendly. Students prefer to interact with an interface rather than the traditional method. They can view the videos which make them reflect. It has been well designed and easy for students to use.

• @MYLOG47799627c6 Hello, Loges!
    Thank you for sharing! Really good idea, it's easy to use for kids!
    While I was doing my CPE English course last year, as a student I had an access to the Google spreadsheet with all the links to the materials of every week + recording of the online-lesson in case I missed it, so that really helped to catch up with the course.
    My question is, how did you keep track of waht the students did (back then during COVID lockdown ?

• @Bousl2336873cb4
    Thank you for your support

• @Housna
    Moreover, the absent students still can get the full lessons as conducted in class and they have one week time to complete their lesson works. No need to rush and stress themselves in doing the lesson works. It creates a stressless learning environment too.

• @Ekaterina-P
    Thank you for your review.
    At the beginning, I used the google classroom to track the students' progress. But I face certain problems, especially needing to check students' submissions all the time. I feel so stressed about that tracking method. So, I give-up and do private chats. It also troubles me. Then go back to the post test method. Feel better and can reflect on the lessons based on post test results. The parents role also important here. They can observe them at home. Anyhow, my aim is not on the evaluation, as long as the children have alternative learning situations and can gain knowledge wherever they are.

• Technology is a powerful tool, but like any tool, it needs to be accessible to everyone. As we age, technology can become a great companion, but there can be a gap between older adults and the fast-paced world of gadgets and apps.

The good news is, technology can improve our lives at any age. From video calls with loved ones to medication reminders and home safety features, there's something for everyone. The key is to bridge the gap by providing clear instruction, fostering a patient learning environment, and celebrating small victories.

Together, we can ensure technology empowers, not excludes, as we journey through life's stages.

• @MYLOG47799627c6 Great work, Loges! Your creative solution to continue teaching primary students during the pandemic is impressive. Developing a new norm classroom timetable with interactive online lessons shows dedication to your students' education. Your use of technology to provide step-by-step activities for each subject allows students to learn independently, which is a valuable skill. This approach not only maintains educational continuity but also helps students adapt to digital learning environments. Your initiative and effort to ensure your students can continue learning effectively, even without face-to-face interaction, is truly commendable. Keep up the excellent work!

• @MUHAM0c0c5f87f6 Integrating digital tools and platforms can enable more interactive, engaging, and immersive learning experiences around sustainability topics. Things like educational games, simulations, and virtual field trips can bring the subject matter to life.
    ICT can facilitate more collaborative, project-based learning where students work together to research, analyze, and develop solutions to sustainability challenges. Cloud-based tools make it easier to share information and coordinate group work.
    Classrooms are increasingly using online resources, digital textbooks, and e-learning modules to teach about sustainability, climate change, renewable energy, and other environmental topics. This provides more dynamic, up-to-date course materials.
    Teachers can use data visualization software, sensors, and smart devices to collect and analyze real-world environmental data with students. This hands-on, data-driven approach can yield valuable insights.
    Video conferencing and virtual learning platforms enable guest speakers, virtual field trips, and cross-school collaborations on sustainability initiatives - exposing students to diverse perspectives.

• @Antonia
    Thank you dear for spending time to view my post and watch the activities in my post. Many more thanks for your kind review for my post too. Your positive feedback means a lot to me. I truly appreciate your support.

• @MYLOG47799627c6
    Hello Logeswari,
    As we have digital kids nowadays, students will certainly find to learn science concepts and other subjects via interactive websites. It is a guidance for those students whi are absent. Do you update the website frequently?

• @Ana_moderator My most preferred approach is project based learning

• @Ana_moderator said in Ideas for you_Build innovative environment in classroom with ICT:

is

Project-based learning (PBL) is an excellent approach that can be well-supported by various EdTech tools. Here are some recommendations for effective EdTech tools to integrate with project-based learning:

1. Collaboration Platforms:

• Google Workspace (Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.) for real-time collaboration on project documents, presentations, and data analysis.
      • Microsoft 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) can also facilitate group work on projects.
      • Online whiteboards like Miro, Jamboard, or Padlet enable brainstorming, mind mapping, and visual organization of project ideas.
    2. Research and Information Gathering:

• Digital libraries and ebook platforms like Sora, Epic, or OverDrive provide access to a wide range of research materials.
      • Search engines like Google Scholar help students find relevant academic sources for their projects.
      • Online reference tools like Wikipedia, Britannica, or LexisNexis allow students to gather background information.
    3. Multimedia Creation:

• Video creation and editing tools like WeVideo, Adobe Spark, or iMovie allow students to produce multimedia project presentations.
      • Audio recording and editing apps like Audacity or GarageBand can be used for podcast or audio-based project deliverables.
      • Image editing software like Canva, Pixlr, or GIMP enable the creation of visual aids, infographics, and project assets.
    4. Project Management:

• Tools like Trello, Asana, or Microsoft Planner help students organize project tasks, deadlines, and collaborative workflows.
      • Online calendars and scheduling apps facilitate coordinating team meetings and milestones.
      • Cloud storage platforms like Google Drive, Dropbox, or OneDrive enable centralized file sharing and version control.
    5. Presentation and Demonstration:

• Slideshow tools like Google Slides, Microsoft PowerPoint, or Prezi allow students to create engaging project presentations.
      • Interactive display tools like Buncee or Nearpod make it easy to incorporate multimedia and formative assessments into project showcases.
      • Virtual meeting platforms like Zoom, Microsoft Teams, or Google Meet enable remote project demonstrations and client/stakeholder interactions.

The key is to select EdTech tools that foster collaboration, research, creativity, and project management to support the PBL process and empower students to take ownership of their learning.

• I agree with the above-mentioned ideas that ICT is a powerful tool used in the teaching process, but the main goal of every teacher is to have a highly motivated audience. Tons of materials can be used, and the whole lesson can be delivered with the help of ICT, but if the students are bored and are not integrated into the process, then the teacher hasn't reached her or his goal and the lesson is in vain. So we as teachers should be very cautious while planning the lesson and using this or that approach or tool.

• @Housna

certainly. The lessons in students time table will change automatically once the teacher upload the new lesson every week, because the timetable created using google drive. So, all the changes made by teacher will upgrade in students timetable link immediately..

• @Antonia Absolutely, integrating Information and Communication Technology (ICT) into special education can indeed be transformative. Tools like interactive whiteboards, educational apps, and devices such as tablets or laptops offer numerous benefits. They can enhance engagement through interactive lessons, cater to various learning styles, provide personalized learning experiences, and even facilitate communication and social skills development. For educators specializing in special education, these technologies can be invaluable in creating inclusive and effective learning environments tailored to meet the diverse needs of their students.

• @Ana_moderator
    Warm greetings from Armenia.
    The 21st century is the century of information and scientific knowledge, and that's it
    means that the educational system must solve a fundamentally new, global problem:
    prepare the generations for new life conditions and activities
    in the information and mobile world. Therefore, at this stage of society's development
    there is a need to create such an educational space in the school where
    students will develop qualities that meet the requirements of the 21st century:
    knowledge, abilities and skills.
    Media literacy is a skill of the 21st century, we need to develop it from an early age, for this I use ICT tools in almost all fine arts classes in the form of games (quiz, learning app), slides, videos. And how do you use ICT tools? Let's share our effective experience here.

Ani Bareghamayan
    Art teacher
    Address: Armenia