• Information teachnology (IT) v/s Instructional technology (EdTech)

@Yousuf-Memon Very informative topic sir! Information Technology (IT) manages and supports computing systems and networks across various industries, focusing on infrastructure and data security. Instructional Technology (EdTech) uses technology to enhance teaching and learning, focusing on educational tools and digital resources. While IT provides the necessary infrastructure, EdTech utilizes it to improve educational outcomes.

Tabassum Laghari
    Science Teacher
    Sindh, Pakistan

• @Yousuf-Memon
    Hello Sir,
    Absolutely IT and Edtech both are closely intertwined fields that leverage technology to enhance education. By integrating IT with Edtech, educational institutions can offer more efficient, personalized and engaging learning experiences.

"Shaping young minds and empowering girls to become emotionally and financially independent".

• @Yousuf-Memon Thanks for sharing.This was informative indeed.

Adel

• @Yousuf-Memon
    IT is a broad field and EdTech is a specific application of IT focuses on improving technology.
    In short, IT is the general Technology field, while EdTech is the use of that technology specifically in education.

(FARHAN MEHBOOB)
    Primary School Teacher
    SINDH, PAKISTAN

• @Tabassumlaghari
    Absolutely. You are right. I agree with you ma'am.

• @Yousuf-Memon Thank you sir it's my pleasure 🙂

Tabassum Laghari
    Science Teacher
    Sindh, Pakistan

• @Yousuf-Memon Aslam o Alaikum sir,

You asked a good topic of discussion and truly both IT & EdTech are best sources for enhancement of every educational aspect to our future. Although my brother @FarhanMehboob described both very clearly but I am trying to make it more clear.

IT (Information Technology) is a broad field that covers all aspects of managing and processing information across various industries. Whereas EdTech (Educational Technology) is a specialized area within IT, focusing specifically on applying technology to enhance education, such as through e-learning platforms, digital tools, and online resources. While IT serves multiple sectors, EdTech is dedicated solely to improving teaching and learning experiences.

I am highly obliged to Allah SWT who bonds (me & @FarhanMehboob) us through blood relations, and I am someone who maintains these connections with love, respect, and loyalty. I habitually put effort and sincerity into my relationships, standing by others even in difficult times. So, dear brother @FarhanMehboob think about what you mean to me?

Zeeshan Mahboob
    High School Teacher
    Government Boys Higher Secondary School Dando
    Taluka Tando Ghulam Hyder
    District Tando Muhammad Khan
    Province of Sindh
    Pakistan
    Cell # 0092 336 214 9427
    email: kingasadking921@gmail.com

• Good objectifs👍

"Empowering students through engaging education, fostering environmental consciousness, and advancing scientific literacy. Committed to shaping future leaders in Life and Earth Sciences."

• @Yousuf-Memon Thanks for sharing.This was informative.

Adel

• Hi YOUSUF
    Information Technology (IT) broadly focuses on managing and utilizing technology, such as hardware, software, and networks, across various industries to process information and improve operations. In contrast, Instructional Technology (EdTech) is a specialized branch of IT that specifically aims to enhance teaching and learning through educational tools like Learning Management Systems, online courses, and digital content. While IT impacts business processes and data management across sectors, EdTech is dedicated to making education more accessible, personalized, and engaging. Both fields require technical expertise but apply it in different contexts with distinct outcomes.
    Best Regards from CHOKRI

"Empowering students through engaging education, fostering environmental consciousness, and advancing scientific literacy. Committed to shaping future leaders in Life and Earth Sciences."