• Ideas for you_Build innovative environment in classroom with ICT

@Ana_moderator

Hello,
    Please find below the link to the Sankoré Project. It is an effective tool which can be used even at tertiary level. Indeed it is an interactive whiteboard where students can actively be involved in the teaching and learning process. It caters for diverse needs of learners.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://github.com/Sankore/open-Sankore--install-&ved=2ahUKEwiutfeBh5WGAxXp1AIHHdCrCRYQFnoECCoQAQ&usg=AOvVaw2NoGfp_YOZFL7WUyhzGn2l

https://youtu.be/sgWZDlj_lFc?si=xIvi0_YpAhm0sg3d

Another project is the EDLP. Next topic for discussion.

• @Ana_moderator

I'm all for embracing technological advancements in education! Adapting to new technologies can be exciting and rewarding, especially when it enhances inclusive teaching practices and improves student learning outcomes. Among the teaching practices you mentioned, I find the flipped classroom model particularly intriguing. It allows for a more personalized and flexible learning experience, where students can engage with content at their own pace and use class time for meaningful interactions and hands-on activities. The ability to incorporate ICT tools like videos, podcasts, and interactive resources into the flipped model adds a dynamic element to the learning process, making it more engaging and accessible to students with diverse learning styles.

As for my most preferable teaching practice, I'm a fan of project-based learning (PBL) with my students with autism. I believe PBL fosters essential skills such as critical thinking, problem-solving, collaboration, and creativity, which are crucial for students' future success.

By integrating ICT tools like digital project management platforms and multimedia creation tools, students can explore real-world problems, conduct research, and collaborate on meaningful projects that showcase their understanding and skills. PBL encourages students to take ownership of their learning, apply knowledge in authentic contexts, and develop a deeper understanding of concepts through hands-on experiences.

• Yes, think about the scale of technologies , we should completely escape from 21st Century tool delivering 20th Century instruction... Technology alone provides only surface knowledge, it cannot transform education. New pedagogical models centered in building supportive, creative learning relationships use technology and digital resources as tools that enable and accelerate the new learning goals and make learning relevant to the needs of students, relate to their prior knowledge and interests.

• @Bilim

Hi Bilim,
    Hope everything is going well.

I'm worry about the speed of technology. Our students are having more contact with technology than ever before. Also, they are having more interactions than teachers. This creates a gap that sometimes present a challenge that the majority of teachers here in Puerto Rico give up due to the lack of resources.

I try to face these challenges looking for grants for technology for my students who lives in rural areas or under poverty levels. I agree that technology accelerate the process, but we need more support for our government in order to match what really matter nowadays in education, to give our students a competitive advantage.

Best,
    Mr. Bryan

• @Bousl2336873cb4

Hi Bousl,
    Hope everything os going well,

As you mentioned a thoughtful planning in education is crucial as it provides a structured and systematic approach to learning, ensuring alignment with educational goals and standards. In SPED we create an Individualized Educational plan (IEP) one school year before to meet the unique needs of our student with disabilities and that process is fundamental.

In this plan assistive technology is crucial for what you said, to build an innovative environment in the classroom.

Best,
    Mr. Bryan

• @Housna

Hi Housna,
    Hope everything is going well.

I found the web page for the project, and it is inspiring (https://digitalclassroommauritius.weebly.com/index.html). The students that are part of the project are blessed to have you as part of the initiative. Best of luck in moving this project into other schools and classrooms.

Best of luck in your project.
    Mr. Bryan

• Hello everyone,

As a preschool educator, I have discovered the potential of ChatGPT as a tool to enhance our educational practices. This advanced AI language model can generate imaginative stories, introduce new vocabulary, suggest educational games, answer children's questions, and engage in discussions about emotions and social skills. Additionally, ChatGPT can provide valuable support for educators and parents by offering advice on child development and classroom management. By using ChatGPT responsibly and under adult supervision, we can create engaging, enjoyable, and educational experiences for our youngest learners. I am excited to continue exploring its possibilities and look forward to hearing about your experiences and ideas.

Best regards,
    Marija Krstic Radojkovic
    marijakrstic016@homail.com

• @marijakrstic016 said in Ideas for you_Build innovative environment in classroom with ICT:

Marija

Hi Marija, could you please share how do you generate educational games for your students?

• @Ana_moderator
    hi, I am loges. I am teaching for primary students age 7-12 years old. I would like to share my ideas that I implement during the covid-19 pandemic time. I create a new norm classroom lesson time table for my students. Event though they are n ot enter to school, still i could conduct the lessons as usual without face to face.

Here i attach a link for you all.

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1bwx9k4YCnyY5k5pswQsAaildUhSc6Pp6nGMPz0KdFog/edit?usp=sharing

you can click the subject that going to learn. Example : click Maths. The maths lesson with full activity will appear step by step. Pupils can follow the steps and learn their own self.

You can try my idea.

• @MYLOG47799627c6 said in Ideas for you_Build innovative environment in classroom with ICT:

loges

Dear Loges, Thank you for the materials and your contribution.
    I am sure our colleagues will greatly appreciate it!

• @Ana_moderator
    Thank you Ana. It's a small contribution for education field.

• Hello Mylog477
    really a superb presentation on what concerns our subject
    Best regards from Tunisia
    Chokri

"Empowering students through engaging education, fostering environmental consciousness, and advancing scientific literacy. Committed to shaping future leaders in Life and Earth Sciences."

• @MYLOG47799627c6
    Hi,
    The website you created is the interactive and user friendly. Students prefer to interact with an interface rather than the traditional method. They can view the videos which make them reflect. It has been well designed and easy for students to use.

• @MYLOG47799627c6 Hello, Loges!
    Thank you for sharing! Really good idea, it's easy to use for kids!
    While I was doing my CPE English course last year, as a student I had an access to the Google spreadsheet with all the links to the materials of every week + recording of the online-lesson in case I missed it, so that really helped to catch up with the course.
    My question is, how did you keep track of waht the students did (back then during COVID lockdown ?

• @Bousl2336873cb4
    Thank you for your support

• @Housna
    Moreover, the absent students still can get the full lessons as conducted in class and they have one week time to complete their lesson works. No need to rush and stress themselves in doing the lesson works. It creates a stressless learning environment too.

• @Ekaterina-P
    Thank you for your review.
    At the beginning, I used the google classroom to track the students' progress. But I face certain problems, especially needing to check students' submissions all the time. I feel so stressed about that tracking method. So, I give-up and do private chats. It also troubles me. Then go back to the post test method. Feel better and can reflect on the lessons based on post test results. The parents role also important here. They can observe them at home. Anyhow, my aim is not on the evaluation, as long as the children have alternative learning situations and can gain knowledge wherever they are.