• Get to know your fellow Forum members and tell us a bit about yourself in this discussion!

@Bilim said in Get to know your fellow Forum members and tell us a bit about yourself in this discussion!:

Sure, Ana.
    It is proven that globally mindful students are future effective lifelong learners. All critical areas
    of the modern education system from project-based learning (PBL) to social-emotional learning
    (SEL) and including the issues of conceptualizing diversity, inclusion and equity are encircled in
    a global competence framework. Education policy never happens in a vacuum. Besides, global
    competence supports the sustainable development goals. It is extremely important to nurture
    global competence skills in order to prepare learners to be engaged glocal citizens, who are
    creative, diverse and adaptive in a world of ambiguity and rapid change. It also requires the
    widest stakeholder participation.

I completely agree with you and I would love to learn more about how this concept is incorporated into the curricula in the countries of our forum members.
    Thank you for creating a special topic for it!

• @MariaNen nice to meet you and welcome to the forum!

I hope you will gain new insight from our discussions and connect with like-minded professionals!

• Re: Get to know your fellow Forum members and tell us a bit about yourself in this discussion!
    Hello this is Ms Mariam from Pakistan. Thanks to UNESCO for giving this platform to teacher to explore the new ideas and share the insights.

• Re: Get to know your fellow Forum members and tell us a bit about yourself in this discussion!
    Hello! I am a secondary school teacher. I teach students of grade ten. I teach english subject. I have joined this forum recently for my professional development.
    Regards.

• @Ana_moderator This is ms Mariam from Pakistan
    IAM primary school teacher.
    Teaching is my passion so I feel am a born teacher.
    Thank u for giving us opportunity to be connected to the new journey of teaching and learning in an innovative way to meet 21st century Goals.

• says mariam you teacher in what discipline?I am a professor of life sciences from Tunisia

"Empowering students through engaging education, fostering environmental consciousness, and advancing scientific literacy. Committed to shaping future leaders in Life and Earth Sciences."

• Hello everyone. I'm Housna from Mauritius. I'm currently teaching in a Zone d'Education Prioritaire (ZEP) school, where most of pupils come from a low socio-economic background. The concept of ZEP was first implemented in France, in 2002 this strategy was introduced in several primary schools around the island especially those in marginalised regions. Various initiatives are being taken on behalf of administrators and stakeholders so as to provide quality education and create long life learners. The use of innovative pedagogies such as gamification and greening education are encouraged at school level. Teachers are provided with all the required resources such as tablets in lower primary, Sankoré is also available to improve the teaching and learning process. The integration of ICT in all subjects is encouraged. The curriculum promotes inclusiveness and all facilitaties are provided to teachers so that no child lags behind so as to meet the Sustainable Development Goals. My hobbies are sports and gym.

• Hi, everyone! My name is Ayzhana, I am from Kazakhstan.
    I teach our future civil engeneers.

• @MYOUS633cc8ba80 Hello and welcome to the forum! Could you please tell which country you teach in ?

• @Housna Hello and nice to meet you! Your experience sounds very encouraging! I would like to know if your school offers any teacher training programs related to the Sustainable Development Goals?

• @SHAMZffaae3ea4a Hello, Ayzhana! I hope you will benefit from our forum community!

• @Ana_moderator
    Hello Anastasia,
    I would like to highlight that the Mauritian National Curriculum Framework (NCF) for primary education highly emphasised on Sustainable Development Goal 4 (SDG 4). The vision of our Ministry is to ensure that an inclusive and equitable quality education is encouraged in all primary schools as well as promote lifelong learning opportunities for all.

It is important to note that by 2030, all young learners in our small island should acquire the knowledge and skills to promote sustainable development, including, among others, through education for sustainable development, sustainable lifestyles, human rights, gender equality, promotion of a culture of peace, non-violence, global citizenship and appreciation of cultural diversity and of culture's contribution to sustainable development.
    Due to the fact that I work in a public school, so various trainings programmes are offered by the Ministry to educators to implement the SDGs at school. As one of the SDGs is to take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts for a sustainable world. Therefore, the Ministry in collaboration with NGOs provide continous professional development for educators concerning 'Climate Change' so as to implement Eco friendly projects at schools.
    My school will participate in a Eco friendly competition organised by the NGO named Coral Reef which is funded by the EU. The evaluation phase is in August 2024. This activity will be conducted on a whole school approach where teachers, students, administrators, non-teaching staffs, parents, the ZEP Unit, and other stakeholders will be involved to promote an Eco friendly school in the community.
    The project will make students aware and conscious of environmental problems and boost their interest in caring for and improving the environment. It will also broaden their ecological knowledge in subjects such as energy, landscapes, air, water, natural resources and wildlife. Children will therefore develop a lifelong appreciation for nature and a commitment to protecting it and creating a sustainable future.

I am Yousuf Memon from Pakistan. Ihave been a teacher trainer for english subject. I have worked as a teacher trainer with national as well as international organizations like British Council, World Population Foundation, SEDA, HANDS, Auhang etc. I am certified Master Trainer by British Council. I have got training from British Council for ETTE ( English For Teaching and Teaching For English), TKTE (Teachig Knowledge Test Essentials) and Peer Support Program. After getting training fron British Council I gave training to school teachers also. I got training from World Population Foundation (WPF) for Life Skills Based Education (LSBE) and gave training to schol teachers also. Except that I have been teacher trainer by by my parent Education Department where I have been working as a secondary school teacher. I have conducted induction trainings for newly appointed teachers and have also conducted some refresher training course for teachers.

• @Bousl2336873cb4 I teach English language and social studies to grade 4 and 5.
    IAM did masters special education. My school is govt school.

• Hello, I am Jeremie
    I am from Rwanda, I am a Mathematics teacher and a trainer of Robotics in High school. I like to be with students encouraging them to create and innovate new thins that can help them to acheive their potentials and solving global issues using technology.

• @hab*mugisha1 said in Get to know your fellow Forum members and tell us a bit about yourself in this discussion!:

Hello, I am Jeremie
    I am from Rwanda, I am a Mathematics teacher and a trainer of Robotics in High school. I like to be with students encouraging them to create and innovate new thins that can help them to acheive their potentials and solving global issues using technology.

@hab*mugisha1 welcome to the forum, Jeremie! I invite you to review our current forum topics with insights and professional recommendations and join the discussions!

• @Ana_moderator
    Yes, I'm curious about TALIS results since it collects valuable info about recruitment, preparation and professional development, school-level policies and job satisfaction of teachers and principals. I'm always in search of support and needs of in-service teachers.

• @Bilim said in Get to know your fellow Forum members and tell us a bit about yourself in this discussion!:

Yes, I'm curious about TALIS results since it collects valuable info about recruitment, preparation and professional development, school-level policies and job satisfaction of teachers and principals. I'm always in search of support and needs of in-service teachers

Yes, I hope this forum can become a supportive and intellectually stimulating space for teachers, encouraging more professional collaboration, joint projects, and classroom exchanges (at least virtually).

• @hab*mugisha1

Hello Jeremie,

It's great to meet you! Your dedication to teaching Mathematics and training students in Robotics seems to be inspiring. Encouraging students to create and innovate with technology is essential in today’s world, and your efforts looks like undoubtedly helping them to achieve their full potential. By fostering creativity and problem-solving skills, you are empowering your students to tackle global issues and become future leaders in technology and innovation. I feel that your work in Rwanda is making a significant impact, and it's wonderful to see educators like you making such a positive difference in students' lives.

Hugs from Puerto Rico-

• @Bousl2336873cb4 I teach English and social science to grade 4 and 5 students