• Healthiest Schools Initiatives

AIA.jpg

Hi everyone!

Just sharing about today's award event that I attended. Our school was selected as the first prize winner for The Healthiest Schools Programme. Our initiative involved introducing a mobile app to each class to guide and raise awareness among students about mental health issues. The app offers different features like games, surveys, stress measurement, a chatroom, and a school health campaign. As a result, this mobile app successfully raised awareness among my school’s students about the importance of taking care of mental health.

What initiatives have you implemented to make your school healthier? Do share here!

• Hello Sahar
    Congratulations on your school.
    Best Regards from Tunisia
    Chokri

"Empowering students through engaging education, fostering environmental consciousness, and advancing scientific literacy. Committed to shaping future leaders in Life and Earth Sciences."

• @Sahar730dd459d2
    Hello Sahar,
    You and your team did an excellent job. Congratulations. It is really interesting of launching a mobile apps to create awareness among students about health mental issues. Nowadays, we have digital kids, it is an effective way to educate children. The mobile apps you introduced doesn't only focus on stress management but it also contains games and a chat room which will further encourage students to use it. It results in a healthier school.environment in my school.

• @Sahar730dd459d2 said in Healthiest Schools Initiatives:

Our school was selected as the first prize winner for The Healthiest Schools Programme.

Woow congratulations πŸ‘ It is great that you shared this news!

Could you please show the mobile app or is it internal software that is only available to students at your schools?

• @Bousl2336873cb4 Thanks Chokri. It's an honors for us to be selected as the Healthiest School in Malaysia.

• @Housna Thanks Housna. Yes, most of the kids in my school love learning through gadgets, so we used this method to give awareness to the students about mental health issues. It's easy to gain their attention and focus with gadgets.

• @Ana_moderator Thanks Ana,

As for now, the app is only used for internally between my school and few schools in my district. We plan to publish this app in the future in app store. We hope to share more awareness about mental health with other states in Malaysia and other countries in the future as well.
    I can share a bit how this app works.
    https://youtu.be/2zH3aZ3kzPE?si=n1vbzvqsLnVs8zwN

• @Sahar730dd459d2

Congratulations for that prize. What an amazing approach. To make our school healthier and 800+ in Puerto Rico I create de bCalm project. I give each student a Calm Box to promote emotional regulation after hurricane Maria, Pandemic and earthquake. There are a lot to overcome yet but we never give up.

• Hi Bryan
    Good luck, hold on strong............I'll hold your handπŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘
    Best regards from Tunisia
    Chokri

"Empowering students through engaging education, fostering environmental consciousness, and advancing scientific literacy. Committed to shaping future leaders in Life and Earth Sciences."

• @Sahar730dd459d2

Hello Sahar,

The students have well explained the apps. Great. Are students allowed to bring their mobile at school?

• @BRYANb8875625e5

Hi Bryaan,

Hope you are fine. Did students appreciate the bcalm box project? Can you please explain how it was organised and implemented. I find it interesting. Thanks Bryaan.

• @Sahar730dd459d2
    Hi Sahar!

Congratulations on your amazing achievement!

It would be fantastic if you could share your experience of participating in this competition and tell us in more detail how to prepare your work so that it is both useful and has the potential to win. Links are welcome =)!

Best regards,
    Mr Denis
    ICT & IT & Computer science teacher

• @BRYANb8875625e5 Well done Brian. Good initiative of introducing the Calm Box. Just wondering, how they used the calm box? Do they need to enter the box or how?

Last year, I attended a conference, and a teacher also introduced a calm box, made in form of a box house for the ADHD students, where the box become a safe house and space for them to relax. Each time the teacher give a time out to the student, the student will enter the box house.

• @Housna Yes, as for now, we have implemented the app to almost 80% of the students in my school, and the impact shown was very positive.

My students could not bring any gadgets to school, instead it's school initiative to provide tablets at school, for the implementation of the app from class to class. The students share the tablet in a group of 4-5 students and use the app with teacher's guidance.

• Hello Sahar
    You are very lucky, you and your students, dear colleague.
    Best Regards from Tunisia
    Chokri

• @Sahar730dd459d2

Hi @Sahar730dd459d2
    Hope everything is going well.

A calm box is like a calm down kit is a set of materials put together in a box, bag, or corner of a room that students can use to calm down or distract themselves when their emotions might overwhelm them.

Best,
    Mr. Bryan

• @Sahar730dd459d2
    The launching of this apps in your school proved to be very advantageous as it created awareness among students of taking cate of their mental health which ultimately lead to a healthier school environment. Mental health is an important issue which needs to be reviewed by all administrators. The apps also offered other features such as games and stress management. It is a really useful tool. Pupils viewed the apps in group on tablet, it promotes peer tutoring. It is a concrete example of the integration of IT in the subject Health Education.

• @Sahar Congratulations! Nice job! Nice Idea!