• The Importance of Including Girls in Tech Projects

@BRYANb8875625e5
    In my country the rate of girls who choose IT in Grade 11, is relatively low compared to boys. Mauritius is known as an IT hub in the Indian Ocean. When ICT was firstly introduced in 2002 in primary schools, mostly females staffs applied for the post. They were recruited without any know-how and expertise in the IT field. They were offered continuous professional course so as to educate the young minds. It has been observed that most boys choose Computer Studies for O and A level. It's at tertiary level, that girls choose this field. Therefore, girls should be encouraged to opt for this subject at O and A level itself. The syllabus for A and O level is mainly programming. Girls are not motivated to I personally think initiatives should be taken to motivate girls. It can be involved them in inquiry based learning. Equal opportunities should be given to students to master this field.

• @Housna

It's great that you're highlighting this important issue Housna.

The low rate of girls choosing IT is concerning but not uncommon globally. Your observation that girls tend to enter the field at the tertiary level suggests that earlier intervention is key. Encouraging girls to opt for Computer Studies can help bridge this gap.

I think one effective strategy could be to introduce inquiry-based learning, which can make the subject more engaging and relevant. Additionally, showcasing female role models in IT (This is so fun and works very well), organizing coding workshops, and providing mentorship programs can inspire girls to pursue IT earlier.

We are the one that can ensure equal opportunities and support for all students to master IT, this is crucial. Let's work towards creating a more inclusive and balanced future in tech. Best of luck.

• @BRYANb8875625e5 sir I agree with you and really appreciate you to work on this Idea. Here in my country or if I talk about my school we promote inclusive education . And for better sustainability it is demand of today that girls should also be given equal opportunitiee as male and there should not be any discrimination on gender.

• 🙋 We've talked about Skype a scientist in another thread and I think now that a thing a teacher could do is to look for and invite a female expert!
    After a lecture we can organize a small discussion asking a guest about their professional jounrney, motivation for becoming a scientist and then have organize a good reflection after the meeting, emphasizing the role of women in STEM.

• Science is for everyone, but women are still underrepresented, making up only 33% of researchers. Stereotypes hide important parts of scientific history and keep gender inequality alive in these fields. Now, more than ever, the world needs science, and science needs women! Discover how the Fondation L'Oréal - UNESCO hashtag#ForWomenInScience Programme is changing the narrative. Join us: https://lnkd.in/eJk6ZGbj hashtag#FWIS2024 hashtag#FWIS

1716847269569.gif

This is the link of source (UNESCO):
    https://www.linkedin.com/posts/unesco_forwomeninscience-fwis2024-fwis-activity-7200979370671304705-ic9C/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=member_android

"Empowering students through engaging education, fostering environmental consciousness, and advancing scientific literacy. Committed to shaping future leaders in Life and Earth Sciences."

• @Mariam

Hi Mariam,

Sure, promoting inclusive education is essential for creating a fair and equitable learning environment for all our students. Ensuring that girls have the same opportunities as boys is crucial for their personal and academic development and is amazing once we create this environment. Gender should never be a barrier to accessing quality education.

Best,
    Mr. Bryan

• I have recently came across the NASA website and spent quite a lot of time there, as they have so many great resources for learning!

I would like to share "First Woman", a multimedia graphic novel about the first woman on the moon.

The novel comes with an extended reality (XR) app that allows you to experience life in space! I am absolutely fascinated by it.

If you try it with your students first, please let us know! 👽 👨‍🚀

• @Ana_moderator thank you fo sharing!
    I will definitely incorporate the resourse into my English-language lessons!

• @Ana_moderator yes sure ms Ana I will also try this . It will be definitely helping for students as well as for me to know and explore more about the world of science. Thank you for sharing

• Hello everyone,
    Hope everything is going well.

Here are an international Forum and Competition specifically designed for girls in STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics):

Women and Girls in STEM Forum

Best,
    Mr. Bryan

• @BRYANb8875625e5
    Hello Bryan,
    Thanks for sharing. Interesting. The platform is the fourth edition for encouraging girls' participation which will ultimately promote gender equality.