• If Teachers were to be mistaken?

To err is human,to forgive is divine. Famous saying known by all,but what about if teachers were to be mistaken inside their classrooms ?! What would they be doing? What were the reactions of their students? How could they correct themselves in front of their students?
    If you have similar experience,please tell us about it.

Adel

• Hi Adel
    If teachers make mistakes, it can impact students in various ways, such as unfair judgment, incorrect instruction, or inappropriate disciplinary actions. These errors can lead to misunderstandings, strained relationships, and hindered learning. The key to resolving such mistakes is for teachers to be open to feedback, acknowledge their errors, and correct them promptly. This approach not only helps restore trust and fairness but also sets a positive example for students, fostering a supportive and effective learning environment.
    Chokri

"Empowering students through engaging education, fostering environmental consciousness, and advancing scientific literacy. Committed to shaping future leaders in Life and Earth Sciences."

• It happened to me when I was on my first day in-service with middle schoolers.At that time,we used to divide our board into three sections for structure items, vocabulary and examples.My class was nearly 45 students and I was about to finish my lesson but I wrote a word wrongly.I could recognise that mistake when I was at the back the class , but how I could correct myself and all the class were watching me. It came to my mind to turn my mistake into a quiz. "Ok ,class ,pay attention,please.There's something wrong on the board.Can anyone tell me what it is?" I smiled to my students in a cunning way. Students were racing to answer my question. My error allowed me to wrap up the lesson effectively.

Adel

• @Adel-8d693e36c4
    Teachers, like anyone, can make mistakes in the classroom. It's important for them to acknowledge errors openly, use them as learning opportunities, and correct themselves thoughtfully. Students are very innocent and sincere, usually appreciate honesty and transparency, which can enhance their trust and respect for the teacher.

(FARHAN MEHBOOB)
    Primary School Teacher
    SINDH, PAKISTAN

• @FarhanMehboob I can't agree more.Students' innocence can forgive teachers' errors not mistakes.

Adel

• @Adel-8d693e36c4 Adel Sir,
    I agree with you. As I am a Primary School Teacher. So, I think Primary level students may not remember or recognize every mistake, but it’s still crucial for us as teachers to correct our errors openly. Doing so sets a positive example and fosters a learning environment based on honesty and growth. Even if the students are young, they benefit from seeing us model transparency and a commitment to improvement.

(FARHAN MEHBOOB)
    Primary School Teacher
    SINDH, PAKISTAN

• @Adel-8d693e36c4 Adel Sir,
    I agree with you. As I am a Primary School Teacher. So, I think Primary level students may not remember or recognize every mistake, but it’s still crucial for us as teachers to correct our errors openly. Doing so sets a positive example and fosters a learning environment based on honesty and growth. Even if the students are young, they benefit from seeing us model transparency and a commitment to improvement.

(FARHAN MEHBOOB)
    Primary School Teacher
    SINDH, PAKISTAN