• Ideas for you_Greening classrooms with EdTech solutions

Green_Featured.jpg ![green-classroom-image.webp](invalid mime type) img-7592-768x1024.jpg
    One simple idea for greening classrooms with EdTech solutions is to implement digital textbooks and educational materials. By transitioning from traditional paper-based resources to digital ones, schools can significantly reduce paper usage, thereby conserving trees and reducing their carbon footprint. Additionally, digital resources can be updated easily, reducing the need for frequent reprints and further minimizing waste. Moreover, interactive digital textbooks can enhance student engagement and learning outcomes. This shift towards digital resources not only promotes sustainability but also embraces modern teaching methods, making education more dynamic and accessible.

"Empowering students through engaging education, fostering environmental consciousness, and advancing scientific literacy. Committed to shaping future leaders in Life and Earth Sciences."

• Our school uses Google Classroom to assign lessons and tasks. unfortunately we do not have access to Padlet and Trello now, we used to use them regularly. We introduced Netboard recently to replace Padlet and Notion. Google docs are widely used by our school.

• try Microsoft tools👍

"Empowering students through engaging education, fostering environmental consciousness, and advancing scientific literacy. Committed to shaping future leaders in Life and Earth Sciences."

• My favourite tool would be using games to greening Edtech in classrooms. My students enjoys playing games the most in every lessons we did. So, I would go for a method to gamify the solutions.

• @Sahar730dd459d2

Hi Sahar,

That is very cool, you are combining gamification and use of technology. Gamifying education make learning more engaging and enjoyable for our students. Once we integrate games into our lessons, we can capture their interest and make complex concepts more accessible. It's great to hear that your students already respond well to this method.

To take it a step further, you could develop or utilize educational games that focus on environmental awareness and sustainability. This way, you're not only enhancing their literacy skills but also instilling important values about caring for the environment. Games that involve problem-solving, critical thinking, and collaboration can be particularly effective.

Keep doing great,
    Mr. Bryan

• Dear colleagues, thank you for sharing!

I would like to add that in our school we also encourage our students to start greening initiatives, as part of their community service or as part of their subject units. For example, in my English language lessons the students had a summative assessment task of promoting a green campaign within the school through social media. They came up with the ideas of effective use of resources, saving paper, saving water etc which also boosted the students' motivation and led to a deeper unquiry and understanding.

• @Ekaterina-P
    Hi Ekaterina,
    hope everything is going well.

Love to see "Motivation" as part of your post. For sure integrating greening initiatives into our curriculum is a wonderful way to engage students in meaningful community service while enhancing their learning experience. I think that all here in the forum are example of good practices about this topic.

Your example of the English language lesson is particularly cool and is aligned with their interests and undoubtedly with the historical moment they are living in. Promoting a green campaign through social media not only encourages creativity, collaboration, communication skills but also instills important values of environmental stewardship.

Best,
    Mr. Bryan

• @Bilim That`s really great that you try to reduce using of paper docs and use google-cloud which is very eco-friendly and really helpful for the environment. Also, it forms correct and careful students' treatment to nature

• Global Grants 🌳 for environmental projects

Hi everyone,

If you are looking for Environmental Sustainability help ESRAG members are happy to share their technical expertise, guidance, and experience to help clubs and districts plan implement impactful environmental global grant projects.

They are experienced Rotary members and nonmembers around the world who are dedicated to helping clubs and districts develop sustainable environmental projects.

Link: https://esrag.org/global-grants/

Best of luck.
    Mr. Bryan

• I think we can organise digital timelines for event happend in history. It will help students to understand more better about historical events.
    For digitalizing English can arrange a weekly programme of conversation by using computers
    We can also arrange digital stories in morning assembly program in which student could be allowed to see a moral story on laptop or computers or mobile and that msg of morality should be integrated into all subjects. It will help in child moral development.