• Activities and resources for teaching about Climate Change

These activities and resources aim to make learning about climate change engaging, interactive, and relevant to students' lives (see table)2.png

• Certainly! Here's a structured table providing information on how teaching about climate change can be engaging and impactful with the right activities and resources (see resum in table)

These approaches can make climate change education not only informative but also engaging and impactful for students of all ages.3.png

• These activities and resources aim to provide a well-rounded approach to understanding climate change, engaging students through discussion, hands-on projects, community involvement, simulation exercises, and artistic expression.4.png

• @Ana_moderator IAM sharing a link from Google that can help teachers to find more resourcesl material for their teaching techniques. I hope that could be helpful https://www.weareteachers.com/climate-change-activities/

• @Bilim

Thank you so much, Bilim! Your kind words and the beautiful Chinese proverb are truly inspiring. It perfectly captures the essence of teaching, constantly learning and growing to provide our students with the best education possible.

I completely agree that our growth as educators is a collaborative effort, nurtured by our experiences with students and colleagues. Wishing you a restful and rejuvenating break as well, so we can all start the next academic year with a full tank of water, ready to inspire and educate.

Best,
    Mr. Bryan

• @Mariam very interesting, have tried any of these activities?

• @BRYANb8875625e5 said in Activities and resources for teaching about Climate Change:

It was an amazing project. I try inclusion by giving each student with autism a shadow with no disability. The results were incredible. Know I'm teaching them how to code a FarmBot to apply technology in the lesson. In three weeks, they will be on vacation but I'm taking advantage of every second with them.

this practice is really inspiring!

• @Ana_moderator yes Ana I ve tried this one . Understand the difference between climate and weather . Kids understood it .
    Also we did recycling in art period to make useful things. (Recycled .)

• Supporting students with dyslexia in the classroom can be facilitated using various Microsoft tools. Utilize immersive Reader in Microsoft Word to customize text settings, such as font style, size, and spacing, making reading more accessible. Incorporate PowerPoint for visual aids and diagrams, enhancing comprehension and organization of information. Encourage collaborative learning with Microsoft Teams, facilitating peer support and group projects while providing a platform for students to communicate their needs and preferences. Additionally, leverage OneNote for structured note-taking and organization, allowing students to create digital notebooks with multimedia elements. By integrating these Microsoft tools, educators can implement multisensory instruction, provide assistive technology support, and foster a supportive learning environment for students with dyslexia.

"Empowering students through engaging education, fostering environmental consciousness, and advancing scientific literacy. Committed to shaping future leaders in Life and Earth Sciences."

• @Ana_moderator
    Hello Anna,
    Climate change is an important topic which according to me should be taught from the primary level itself because it is important to sensitize our your young learners about actions to be taken to protect our environment to prevent its impact globally. I normally teach this topic through ICT by integrating my students to AR and VR. I often use Nearpod platform. Students of diverse learning needs are involved in the teaching and learning process. Children viewed videos on the impacts and consequences due to climate change. They are asked to reflect about it. This platform also provides an assessment tool where evaluation is carried out at the end of the lesson.