• Functions of AI in education

There is no doubt that artificial intelligence is a wonderful innovative high-tech tool for digitalizing the educational process. But, in fact, it performs generative functionality. Is it so necessary for modern teachers? For the most part, I use the resources of professional methodologists in my lessons, and it is not always necessary to generate images or music in foreign language lessons. Colleagues, please share your experience. How do you use neural networks and artificial intelligence, besides generating material?

• AI in education of life sciences and earth sciences encompasses personalized learning, adaptive platforms, virtual simulations, intelligent tutoring, data analysis, and natural language processing. These technologies tailor educational experiences to individual students, adjusting content difficulty and providing real-time feedback. Virtual labs and simulations offer hands-on exploration, while data analysis aids in understanding complex phenomena. NLP tools enhance interaction with scientific texts. Together, these functions empower students to engage deeply with these disciplines, fostering comprehension and critical thinking.1.jpg

"Empowering students through engaging education, fostering environmental consciousness, and advancing scientific literacy. Committed to shaping future leaders in Life and Earth Sciences."

• @EKATE97ee9b6685

Hi,
    Hope everything is going well.

I use Seeing AI app for my students with visual impairments and autism in the SPED program. With Seeing AI my students identify money to purchase items, colors to wear clothes, bar codes to know about the product in a supermarket, and so on. Also, I use reading progress in TEAMS app, which use AI to identify the words that my students with communication disparities can't pronounce well.

Not everything is AI to generate information, try to find apps or solutions that apply AI to other tasks.

Best of luck. Hugs from Puerto Rico.
    Mr. Bryan IMG_2949.jpg

• Hello Ekaterina,
    AI in education serves various functions like personalized learning, adaptive learning, automated grading, and virtual tutoring. For instance, in life sciences education, AI-powered platforms can analyze students' learning patterns to personalize lessons. These platforms might offer adaptive quizzes that adjust difficulty based on performance and provide immediate feedback through automated grading. Additionally, virtual tutors powered by AI can assist students in understanding complex biological concepts outside of class hours. AI also aids in creating interactive simulations and virtual laboratories, allowing students to explore scientific concepts in a hands-on manner. These functions not only enhance learning experiences but also make education more accessible and efficient for both students and educators.

"Empowering students through engaging education, fostering environmental consciousness, and advancing scientific literacy. Committed to shaping future leaders in Life and Earth Sciences."

• As a computer science teacher, I sometimes ask Google AI Studio and ChatGPT to generate programming exercises, spreadsheet assignments, and database tasks. I simply give them examples of what we solve in class and ask them to generate similar tasks on the topic. In MS Excel, I write down the functions we've covered and ask it to come up with additional exercises of varying difficulty.

Best regards,
    Mr Denis
    ICT & IT & Computer science teacher

• @Denis-Kudaymetov

Hi Denis,

That's a fantastic approach in my opinion. Leveraging AI tools like Google AI Studio and ChatGPT to create tailored programming exercises and assignments is a smart way to keep your students engaged and challenged. It's great to read how you're using MS Excel to organize and expand on the functions you've covered in class. Your method not only saves time but also ensures a diverse range of practice problems for your students.

Thanks for sharing this innovative technique,
    Mr. Bryan

• @Bousl2336873cb4

Hi @Bousl2336873cb4

For sure, AI has incredible potential to revolutionize education in so many ways. Personalized and adaptive learning ensure that each student can progress at their own pace, receiving the support they need when they need it. Overall, AI is a powerful tool for making education more effective, efficient, and accessible. Nowadays we face a variety of students with multiple needs, interest and strength. For me as a special education teacher AI has been an amazing resource to multiple my presence on every student desk.

Best,
    Mr. Bryan