• Stress-management for students (and teachers): activities to reduce stress (new ideas each week!)

@Bilim said in Stress-management for students (and teachers): activities to reduce stress (new ideas each week!):

It is BrillianT having ideas on a weekly basis!

Yes, I have temporarily stopped posting new activities each week, as there has already been a lot of information about stress management techniques. And I wanted to give you (the forum members) a chance to provide feedback and share your own ideas.

• @Bilim yes you are right . Actually by the end teacher is actually who has to handle and manage the thing at right place.so teacher should be healthy mentally and emotionally.

• @Ana_moderator IMG_2864.jpg

Mandalas are very useful for my students. I try to make a balance in the use of technology and functional strategies with no tech. Here you can see one of my students right after a tantrum. She loves to color mandalas to recover calm.

No matter what they know stress and anxiety is part of being humans, those feelings move us.

Best,
    Mr. Bryan

• @Bousl2336873cb4 DO3.jpg

Since the pandemic I create a community project called bCalm Box to give kids Calm Boxes to overcome emotional disparities. We have in Puerto Rico 78 municipalities, and I finally reach 25 of them to give 100 of boxes on each spot. Mental health is very importante, our kids in the island first suffer a huracane that interrupt school during a school year, the catastrophic earthquakes and then the pandemic.

As teacher we have to know that our classroom doesn't have just walls, the world is our classroom.

Best,
    Mr. Bryan

• To effectively revise the subject of life and earth sciences, it's essential to adopt practical strategies that promote focus, comprehension, and well-being. Begin by scheduling regular breaks during study sessions to prevent burnout and maintain concentration. Incorporate physical activity into your routine, such as short walks or stretching, to alleviate stress and boost cognitive function. Ensure you're fueling your body with nutritious snacks like fruits and nuts to sustain energy levels and support brain function. Practice breathing exercises and mindfulness techniques to manage anxiety and maintain a calm mindset during study sessions. Utilize peer support networks for collaboration and emotional encouragement. Break down study material into manageable chunks and prioritize tasks to maximize productivity. Create a conducive study environment that is well-organized and free from distractions. Set realistic goals for revision and acknowledge your efforts with positive reinforcement. Prioritize sleep hygiene to ensure adequate rest and mental rejuvenation. Finally, remember to seek help from available resources if needed, and lead by example by demonstrating self-care and stress management techniques. By implementing these practical tips, you can optimize your revision process for life and earth sciences while minimizing stress and maximizing learning outcomes.

Proverb:1.jpg

"A calm sea does not make a skilled sailor."

"Empowering students through engaging education, fostering environmental consciousness, and advancing scientific literacy. Committed to shaping future leaders in Life and Earth Sciences."

• @Bousl2336873cb4 said in Stress-management for students (and teachers): activities to reduce stress (new ideas each week!):

"A calm sea does not make a skilled sailor."

Hi Bousl,
    Hope everything is going well.

This assertion does not apply for my students with Autism unfortunately. I need to assure a calm sea in order to reach them. That is part of our job, to promote an environment that gives them predictability, order and structure, and that is the relevance of technology in my classroom.

Best colleague,
    Mr. Bryan

• @Ana_moderator

Hello Ana,
    Managing stress of students is a challenging issue for educators. As I am working in a ZEP school, everyday students of Grade 5 and 6 come to school in a different mood as they live in a marginalized region. Everyday before starting the classroom, pupils are reminded about the Classrooms rules: "I will talk nicely with my peers, I will remain quiet when my classmates instigates me and I will show him the emoticon happy stick in the classroom and school board........". To deal with stress management of pupils, last week there was a Continuous Professional Development Programme (CPD) at school named as TIPA. It is an NGO which proposed various strategies educators can focus on to mitigate stress among students.

• @BRYANb8875625e5 said in Stress-management for students (and teachers): activities to reduce stress (new ideas each week!):

mandalas

Your picture of mandalas reminded me of an idea that I wanted to share with the community - coloring pages! I believe that it is a simple yet effective way to help students concentrate and calm down.

But look what I found recently - A CLIMATE CHANGE COLORING BOOK 🌏
    I think it's a brilliant idea that combines stress management techniques with environmental learning. The coloring activities include information about the causes and effects of climate change, as well as ideas for reducing climate change.

• @Housna said in Stress-management for students (and teachers): activities to reduce stress (new ideas each week!):

Classrooms rules:

In my opinion, classroom rules can be a great tool, especially when they are created by the students themselves.

I hope the training has been successful! I think it would be interesting to hear your insights on different strategies for reducing stress among students if there were any 🙂

• @Ana_moderator

Hi Ana,
    Sensory toys, mini mandalas, mindfulness cards. lavender mist and others according to the student's needs. This July I will visit a municipality island that is part of Puerto Rico main island. Parents need strategies and kids needs physical resources to find their self-regulation. I make these sensory toys become low technology tools for good.

Best,
    Mr. Bryan

• @Ana_moderator
    Hello Ana,
    I completely agree with you when students create their own Classroom rules, the rules identified by them have greater impact on their socio-emotional behaviour compared to when the teacher devised them. Especially if children have done hand printing and created a sort of a chart which highlights the Classroom rules, this chart will be more proactive and pupils will thrive to abide to the rules set for the whole classroom. Indeed the training was very helpful, breathing exercises were proposed to be carried out as it is a good mean to manage stress among pupils. Use of affirmations has positive impact on children. They can write or say affirmations that resonate with them, reinforcing positive beliefs about themselves. Teachers were encouraged to make their students laugh and integrate music.

• Hello Housna
    Helping students manage stress involves promoting healthy habits like eating well, exercising, and getting enough sleep. It's like teaching them how to balance their time, like planning when to study and when to relax, so they don't feel overwhelmed. We can teach them simple tricks like taking deep breaths when they feel stressed or doing quick exercises to relax their muscles. It's also about creating a safe space where students feel comfortable talking about their worries and seeking help when they need it, just like how they would ask for directions when they're lost. By encouraging them to take breaks, have fun, and not be too hard on themselves when things don't go perfectly, we can help them feel more in control and less stressed.

"Empowering students through engaging education, fostering environmental consciousness, and advancing scientific literacy. Committed to shaping future leaders in Life and Earth Sciences."

• @Ana_moderator

I just downloaded the Climate Change Coloring Book 🎓
    Once my students came back to school this will be part of my Calming Corner.

• Creating a stressless environment in school and home will build a healthier life style for them. At school teachers can use variety task activities to widen their happiness.
    8e04a037-c7b3-47b4-a4f5-b666a4148480-image.png

• Create teacher-student relationship where students feel comfortable expressing themselves and seeking help.

2f04a741-e683-471b-b2c8-d082c87085fc-image.png

• @Bousl2336873cb4
    Hello Chokri,
    Students are provided with healthy meals everyday in my schools and holistic classes are conducted on daily basis. Various initiatives are taken by the Ministry to encourage pupils to come to school. The breathing activity is often carried out to make students relax and concentrate in the classroom. I'm working in a low performing school and these students face various challenges. They have various difficulties.

• Hi Housna
    Okay, you mean a school for students from a poor social class or their low scientific level
    Best regards from Tunisia
    Chokri

• @Ana_moderator In my class, I will regularly use music to make my students do a free dance / steps that can get back their attention to my class. I will spend around 2-3 minutes playing their favorite music / song and one/two students will lead their classmates to follow their dance routine and that's how to begin to focus and motivate to study 🙂

• @MYLOG47799627c6

I am agree with you @MYLOG47799627c6

In my opinion, creating a stress-free environment both at school and at home is essential for building a healthier lifestyle for children. At school, as teachers we can implement a variety of engaging and diverse activities that not only enhance learning but also promote joy and well-being.

Thats the importance to adopt strategies like gamification to promote joy through the process of learning. Similarly, at home, maintaining a supportive and nurturing atmosphere where children can unwind and feel secure is crucial. Emotions are important in our classrooms, that is an open door for more and better learning.

Best,
    Mr. Bryan