• One Small Step for you,One Big step for Sustainability.There is always Something to improve !

Absolutely! Continuous improvement is key to advancing sustainability efforts. Whether it's in reducing waste, conserving resources, or implementing more eco-friendly practices, every small step contributes to a larger positive impact on the environment. Embracing a mindset of ongoing improvement ensures that we're always striving to do better and make a meaningful difference in promoting sustainability for our planet and future generations.
    OIP.jpg R.jpg EPA_SMM.jpg

This my youtube channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGFGlx03DZs&list=PLpIgLbC6ZxHpQXiaeMMLhWUVytkE9ffji
    This is my Site Web:
    https://connectinngclassrooms.wordpress.com/

"Empowering students through engaging education, fostering environmental consciousness, and advancing scientific literacy. Committed to shaping future leaders in Life and Earth Sciences."

• @Bousl2336873cb4 said in One Small Step for you,One Big step for Sustainability.Ther is always Something to improve !:

Continuous improvement is key to advancing sustainability efforts

Absolutely agree with you, it is a long process that involves various stakeholders. It is important to teach the sudents sustainability but if we are talking about a green school we should always consider a broader community.

Could you please share how does your school in Tunisia (if you have this practice) organize stakeholders, who are these stakeholders?

• One practical and feasible idea to promote sustainability among Tunisian students and associations is to launch a "Green Schools Initiative." This program can focus on small, actionable steps such as implementing recycling programs, reducing single-use plastics, and starting school gardens. Tunisian students can participate by creating and managing these projects, fostering a sense of responsibility and environmental stewardship. Local associations can support by providing resources, expertise, and organizing workshops on sustainability practices. This collaborative effort can lead to significant improvements in environmental awareness and habits within the community, illustrating that small steps taken together can lead to substantial, positive changes for sustainability.
    We also created a hanging garden with my students (like the hanging gardens of Babel) and these are part of an international European program called "Etwinning"
    I ivited you in our web site:
    https://connectinngclassrooms.wordpress.com/
    and our channel youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGFGlx03DZs&list=PLpIgLbC6ZxHpQXiaeMMLhWUVytkE9ffji[texte du lien]([url du lien]([url du lien]([url du lien](url du lien))))

"Empowering students through engaging education, fostering environmental consciousness, and advancing scientific literacy. Committed to shaping future leaders in Life and Earth Sciences."

• First idea:
    Reduce, Reuse, Recycle: Encourage individuals and communities to minimize waste by following the principles of reduce, reuse, and recycle. Set up recycling programs and provide education on proper waste disposal.

1.jpg 1-1.jpg 1-2.png

• Idea-2:
    Energy Conservation: Implement energy-saving practices such as using energy-efficient appliances and lighting, installing programmable thermostats, and encouraging the use of renewable energy sources like solar or wind power.2.jpg

• My Idea-3:
    Water Conservation: Promote water-saving techniques such as fixing leaks, installing low-flow faucets and toilets, and using drought-resistant landscaping methods

3.jpg

• My Idea-4:
    Transportation Alternatives: Encourage the use of public transportation, carpooling, biking, or walking instead of relying solely on personal vehicles. Offer incentives for employees to use eco-friendly commuting options.

4.jpg

• My Idea-5:
    Sustainable Food Choices: Support local farmers and businesses that prioritize sustainable farming practices. Encourage the consumption of plant-based foods and reduce meat consumption to lower carbon footprints.

5.jpg

• My Idea-6:
    Reusable Products: Encourage the use of reusable products such as water bottles, shopping bags, and coffee cups to reduce single-use plastic waste.
    6.jpg

• My Idea-7:
    Community Gardens: Establish community gardens where people can grow their own fruits and vegetables, fostering a sense of community while promoting sustainable food production.
    7.jpg

• My Idea-8:
    Green Building Practices: Incorporate green building principles into construction projects, such as using recycled materials, optimizing energy efficiency, and implementing proper insulation and ventilation systems.
    8.jpg

• My Idea-9:
    Education and Awareness: Provide educational programs and workshops to raise awareness about environmental issues and empower individuals to take action in their daily lives.

• By implementing these practical ideas and fostering a culture of sustainability, we can work towards a more environmentally conscious and resilient future.

Students can choose one of the proposed topics in groups.

• https://youtu.be/qc7d6R03qT8?list=PLpIgLbC6ZxHpQXiaeMMLhWUVytkE9ffji&t=32

• https://youtu.be/qc7d6R03qT8?list=PLpIgLbC6ZxHpQXiaeMMLhWUVytkE9ffji&t=32

• Step-1:

1. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle: Encourage individuals and communities to minimize waste by following the principles of reduce, reuse, and recycle. Set up recycling programs and provide education on proper waste disposal.1.jpg
  • this is one idea:
    2. Energy Conservation: Implement energy-saving practices such as using energy-efficient appliances and lighting, installing programmable thermostats, and encouraging the use of renewable energy sources like solar or wind power.2.jpg

• other idea:
    3.jpg Water Conservation: Promote water-saving techniques such as fixing leaks, installing low-flow faucets and toilets, and using drought-resistant landscaping methods.

• iI propose the following idea as a step towards a sustainable future:
    4.jpg Transportation Alternatives: Encourage the use of public transportation, carpooling, biking, or walking instead of relying solely on personal vehicles. Offer incentives for employees to use eco-friendly commuting options.