• Let's talk about the callenges of educational change worldwide

What is the current state of education like?

Is synthetic power replacing school teachers not future-ready learners?

• @Bilim said in Let's talk about the callenges of educational change worldwide:

What is the current state of education like?

Is synthetic power replacing school teachers not future-ready learners?

I'm a big and dedicated bookworm. There is a myriad of educational research implications to ponder over. It is interesting that Edu as social sphere has tremendous possibilities today, but since the schools are conservative institutions there are restrictions at the same time. And it is a very slow process as mentioned by edu expert, Pasi Salberg. Changes need time and energy. But we can be empowered to widen further possibilities and narrow the potential
    gaps.

• In my opinion, you have raised an interesting topic. Teachers from different countries may face different challenges , and it would be great to explore💡

I am really curious about the discussion and I invite our forum members to spend a few minutes to leave a comment and to share your thoughts if you read it now 😉

Thus we could learn a lot about us as educators and expand our veiws on education in general

• @Ana_moderator thank you for your encouragement, I really look forward to hearing and discussing the forms and character of the challenges in official\unofficial educational landscape.

• Hi, everyone

You know this forum is not only for viewing, but for the discussion as well. Remember a popular metaphor "standing on the shoulders of giants" that initially was used to mean "using the understanding gained by wise thinkers who have gone before in order to make intellectual progress". Today progess glides, not stepping any more, everything gets disruptive in the blink of an eye.
    I've never imagined that PISA high order tasks can be easily performed by AI. Before we were confident that the robots will never replace teachers, but today we've got a tool that can develop your lesson plan, assess in accordance with learning objectives, even personalise and entertain the learners. What is the nearest future of educational landscape do you really think in this sense?

• @Bilim

I consider AI to be a helpful assistant for some tasks. It can be really creative (like a teacher can!) but faster.
    However, in my opinion AI can not completely replace a teacher yet, because the teacher is needed to decide how and when to use the materials generated by the AI.
    Of course maybe in the future AI will be able to handle more tasks but for now, I believe that teachers could benefit from using AI.

Anyway, it is still a long process in Russia, I can say that the use of AI among teachers is not widespread. Those who do use AI are seen as innovative teachers.

How is it in Kazakhstan? Are there any national teacher training programmes on the topic of integrating AI into teaching practice?

• @Bilim
    Educational change is a multifaceted and ongoing process that presents numerous challenges worldwide. Here are some of the key challenges faced:

1. Resistance to Change: One of the most significant challenges is the resistance to change, whether it comes from teachers, administrators, parents, or even students. Change can disrupt established routines and comfort zones, leading to reluctance or pushback.

2. Lack of Resources: Many educational systems, particularly in developing countries, struggle with insufficient resources such as funding, infrastructure, and qualified personnel. This scarcity hampers efforts to implement effective changes.

3. Inequity and Accessibility: Disparities in access to quality education persist globally. Rural areas, marginalized communities, and underserved populations often face barriers such as inadequate infrastructure, lack of transportation, and socioeconomic challenges.

4. Technology Integration: While technology has the potential to enhance learning experiences, integrating it effectively into education systems poses challenges. Issues such as access to devices and the internet, digital literacy among educators and students, and the digital divide need to be addressed.

5. Teacher Training and Professional Development: Teachers play a crucial role in driving educational change, but many lack the necessary training and support to adapt to new methodologies, technologies, and curriculum changes. Continuous professional development is essential but often overlooked or underfunded.

6. Assessment and Accountability: Traditional assessment methods may not adequately measure 21st-century skills such as critical thinking, creativity, and collaboration. Implementing meaningful assessment practices while ensuring accountability without stifling innovation remains a challenge.

7. Curriculum Relevance: The curriculum should evolve to meet the changing needs of society and the workforce. However, curriculum development and revision processes can be slow and bureaucratic, hindering the integration of contemporary knowledge and skills.

8. Cultural and Political Factors: Educational change is influenced by cultural norms, political agendas, and societal values, which can vary widely across regions and countries. Negotiating these factors while striving for progress can be complex and challenging.

9.Globalization and Localization: Balancing the global trends in education with local needs and contexts is another challenge. While there's value in adopting best practices from around the world, they must be adapted to suit the unique cultural, linguistic, and socioeconomic conditions of each community.

Addressing these challenges requires a collaborative approach involving stakeholders at all levels, including policymakers, educators, parents, students, and community members. Flexibility, innovation, and a willingness to learn from both successes and failures are essential for driving meaningful educational change worldwide.
    OIP.jpg MyT_infographic_statistics_FB_blog-low-2048x1448.jpg OIP (1).jpg

"Empowering students through engaging education, fostering environmental consciousness, and advancing scientific literacy. Committed to shaping future leaders in Life and Earth Sciences."