• Ideas for you_Greening classrooms with EdTech solutions

@Bilim That`s really great that you try to reduce using of paper docs and use google-cloud which is very eco-friendly and really helpful for the environment. Also, it forms correct and careful students' treatment to nature

• Global Grants 🌳 for environmental projects

Hi everyone,

If you are looking for Environmental Sustainability help ESRAG members are happy to share their technical expertise, guidance, and experience to help clubs and districts plan implement impactful environmental global grant projects.

They are experienced Rotary members and nonmembers around the world who are dedicated to helping clubs and districts develop sustainable environmental projects.

Link: https://esrag.org/global-grants/

Best of luck.
    Mr. Bryan

• I think we can organise digital timelines for event happend in history. It will help students to understand more better about historical events.
    For digitalizing English can arrange a weekly programme of conversation by using computers
    We can also arrange digital stories in morning assembly program in which student could be allowed to see a moral story on laptop or computers or mobile and that msg of morality should be integrated into all subjects. It will help in child moral development.

• Green education is not merely about imparting knowledge; it is about nurturing a generation of environmentally conscious and responsible citizens. By integrating green principles into education systems, we can empower individuals to become active agents of change and contribute to a sustainable future for all.

DR/Reham

• @Ana_moderator Yes, I already use digital textbooks and resources, online assignments and assessments, and cloud storage for managing classroom activities.
    My Favorite Tool and Why:
    Google Classroom:
    Google Classroom is my favorite tool because it seamlessly integrates various functions needed for a green classroom. It allows for easy distribution of digital materials, assignment management, and communication with students, all in one platform. Its user-friendly interface and wide range of features make it an ideal choice for fostering a paperless, eco-friendly learning environment.

• @Reham125b5a4afa
    Hello,
    Indeed greening education should be included across the curriculum globally. It is the prime duty of teachers to sentisize the young learners about the importance of greening because they are future citizens who are the agents of change as you highlighted. I completely agree by educating the young mind about the importance of having a green society, it will ultimately result in a sustainable world. In my school, the Eco Club is implementing several projects to make our school a green one. Will post a few pictures of the work being done. It involves the students, educators, NGOs, the community and other stakeholders.

• @Ana_moderator It is a great topic. I use virtual lab in biology sessions.

• @Ana_moderator EdTech solutions can significantly contribute to greener education by reducing paper usage, minimizing transportation emissions, and raising environmental awareness among students. Tools like digital textbooks, online learning platforms, virtual field trips, remote learning technologies, environmental education apps, green STEM projects, online environmental simulations, energy monitoring systems, and digital collaboration tools can all support these efforts.

Do you already use any of these tools? Or do you have more tools to add? What is your favorite tool and why?

Answer:Yes, I use Google Classroom and Zoom. My favorite is Google Classroom because it streamlines material distribution, communication, and grading, making administrative tasks easier and improving the learning experience for students.

Tabassum Laghari
    Science Teacher
    Sindh, Pakistan

• @Ana_moderator EdTech solutions can significantly contribute to greener education by reducing paper usage, minimizing transportation emissions, and raising environmental awareness among students. Tools like digital textbooks, online learning platforms, virtual field trips, remote learning technologies, environmental education apps, green STEM projects, online environmental simulations, energy monitoring systems, and digital collaboration tools can all support these efforts.Do you already use any of these tools? Or do you have more tools to add? What is your favorite tool and why?Answer:Yes, I use Google Classroom and Zoom. My favorite is Google Classroom because it streamlines material distribution, communication, and grading, making administrative tasks easier and improving the learning experience for students.

Tabassum Laghari
    Science Teacher
    Sindh, Pakistan

• @Ana_moderator said in Ideas for you_Greening classrooms with EdTech solutions:

Green STEM Projects

Green STEM Projects are workable in any subject, not only in science.
    I want to discuss UPF Ultra-processed food, science, food security,
    justice, climate change and health.
    I would start by analysing original food and UPF in our lab to understand their differences, and then let students go to the supermarkets to collect information about their favourite food to share in our classroom. (the pros and cons)
    What we do back in our classroom could be a lot, depending on what you want.
    Cooking healthy and yummy food is one of the students' loves and an experiment.
    But I would rather talk about food cultivation, ㄍenvironments preservation, and waste composting.

• Nature protection and environmental topics are the favorites for my students and we constantly have these topics in our curriculum in different forms such as projects, open lessons, field works, research, and even parties. We celebrate Earth Day each year and think of different ways and approaches to do it. We create posters with ICT tools, and presentations, record videos of celebrations, and share them on our social media to promote the protection of nature and take the initiative to do it. Here are some examples of our work.

https://youtu.be/DcxfpVkD4Pw?si=EmezgNJpoIMpzuTO

https://youtu.be/Kq1Rl36KHs8?si=ver6OsnQxqElCmJY