• Academic Integrity vs. AI: strategy, policy, practice.

@Ekaterina-P as you raised very important topic
    I want to add that Ai has drastically changed our style of teaching but at the same time it can't be ignored to see copyright, because we don't know that what ever we are asking our students to do r they do by themselves or completely copy and paste. The creativity of student must be there if even they use any technology. The fair check and balance must be there.
    Schools must make such policies to ensure fair use of AI.
    Also the students misuse of technology must be supervised properly.

• Hi, in my school, the exposure to the usage of AI is still limited, as class lessons still in normal classroom, plus the kids didn't bring their gadgets to school. I would say some measures that we can take maybe from presentations projects like, in-class writing assignments, oral presentations, and project-based assessments that require critical thinking and personal insights.

• @Ekaterinadd-P As a piano teacher at the Isidor Bajić Music School, I believe in leveraging technology, including AI, to enhance music education while ensuring academic integrity. While AI has undoubtedly revolutionized various aspects of teaching and learning, it's essential to address concerns about its misuse.

We integrate AI technology into our music curriculum in constructive ways. For example, AI-powered music composition software can assist students in exploring different musical styles, analyzing compositions, and generating ideas for their own pieces. By incorporating AI tools as educational aids rather than shortcuts, we empower students to develop their musical skills while embracing technological innovation responsibly.

Overall, while AI presents exciting opportunities for music education, it's essential to approach its integration thoughtfully and ethically. By establishing clear guidelines, utilizing detection tools, and promoting responsible usage, we can harness the benefits of AI while upholding academic integrity in our music school.

• @BRYANb8875625e5 Best of Luck!

Technologies really changed the nature of how we learn and teach.

I think the rationale behind the competition focus on promoting green education, the use of generative AI, the development of creativity and gamification is to understand the landscape of innovative teaching in general internationally.

• @Bilim IMG_2920.jpg

Thank you for your wishes Bilim,

It was an amazing experience. Love when spaces open to share best practices in education based in technologies. Technology has indeed transformed the way we learn and teach, opening up numerous possibilities for more effective and engaging education.

The rationale behind focusing on green education, the use of generative AI, the development of creativity, and gamification in teaching competitions is quite insightful. These elements not only address contemporary educational needs but also prepare students for the future.

Best,
    Mr. Bryan

• @BRYANb8875625e5
    Hello,
    You mentioned that your students are already exposed to AI and are using it, though your educational system doesn't promote it as public policy is being written now. It's good initiatives being undertaken by integrating the AI to enhance student’s learning experiences. Educators are well equipped technologically and they are embedding it to enhance the teaching and learning experiences. You are working with students who have special needs, does your country has a specific curriculum for them?

• @Housna

Hi Housna,

The answer for your question is NO,

We don't have a curriculum for SPED students. We give them access to the traditional curriculum for regular students and adapt the educational experiences and assessment. I'm trying to create a curriculum for Students with Autism because we are having lots of new cases annually. Incidence and prevalence is very high in Puerto Rico and we don't know what happen.

Best,
    Mr. Bryan

• @BRYANb8875625e5
    Hello Bryan,
    Hope all fine. In my country also, the regular curriculum should be adapted and modified as per the learning needs of students having disabilities.

• @Housna

I think that is constant in our countries, but I think our leaders need to consider better ways to give our SPED teacher differentiated resources to work with time management. We spend lots of time in administrative work, and that time is important for our students.

Best,
    Mr. Bryan

• @Ekaterina-P

Hi Colleagues,
    Hope everything is going well.

This month the US Department of Education release the "Designing for Education with Artificial Intelligence: An Essential Guide for Developers". It has good information and relevant for us as instructional designers.

Link: https://tech.ed.gov/files/2024/07/Designing-for-Education-with-Artificial-Intelligence-An-Essential-Guide-for-Developers.pdf

Best,
    Mr. Bryan

• @Ekaterina-P Academic integrity refers to the values and principles that guide students, researchers, and scholars to maintain honesty, transparency, and responsibility in their academic work. It involves:

1. Honesty: Avoiding deception, cheating, and misrepresentation.

2. Originality: Properly citing sources and crediting others' work.

3. Authenticity: Submitting one's own work, free from fabrication and falsification.

4. Respect: Valuing others' ideas, privacy, and intellectual property.

5. Accountability: Taking responsibility for one's actions and their consequences.

6. Fairness: Avoiding unfair advantages, biases, and discrimination.

7. Transparency: Clearly disclosing methods, sources, and intentions.

8. Responsibility: Upholding ethical standards, even in challenging situations.

To maintain academic integrity:

1. Understand and follow institutional policies

2. Properly cite sources and references

3. Seek guidance from instructors and peers

4. Document and track research and sources

5. Collaborate and share ideas responsibly

6. Report incidents and concerns

7. Stay informed about academic integrity best practices

By upholding academic integrity, individuals promote trust, credibility, and excellence in academic pursuits.

• @Ekaterina-P said in Academic Integrity vs. AI: strategy, policy, practice.:

Artificial Intelligence has introduced innovations not only in teaching but also in learning, which educators all around the world have already witnessed. Unfortunately, a number of students consider AI as a tool complete the part of a job to be done by the students themselves and widely employ it to write essays, papers, and reports.

How do your schools deal with AI in terms of academic integrity? Have you made any rules and regulations or chenged you school policy? What instruments and tools to you use to detect AI-generated content? How do you persuade students to avoid misuse of AI?
    Great

Ahmed ElRahwan

• @Ana_moderator
    This is a great topic

Ahmed ElRahwan

• @Yousuf-Memon said in Academic Integrity vs. AI: strategy, policy, practice.:

second

Keep the excellent work going

Ahmed ElRahwan

• @Ekaterina-P Absolutely right dear I an agree with you.

• @Yousuf-Memon in rural areas most of the students specially girls are not allowed to have any type of mobile.

• @Yousuf-Memon most of the students in our school cant afford the android phones very few of them have are their parents have share the mobiles with them for doing work.and at the next day they share or discuss with other students they help them to do complete their work .
    But for the girls in rural areas the situation may opposite because they are not allowed to have or even operate the mobile phones.

• @Ekaterina-P AI should be viewed as a tool to support their efforts, not as a substitute for original thought. Ethical Use: Students should use AI ethically, ensuring they understand and adhere to academic integrity standards. This includes properly disclosing AI-generated content and avoiding any form of plagiarism.

• @Ekaterina-P absolutely right 👆 i completely agree with you 😊